Feel free to attend our Q&A (Question and Answer) sessions every week on Wednesday with our Key Account Managers (KAMs) to answer your business related questions. For any assistance related to the technical integration, you can join the sessions with our Engineering team from Helsinki every Thursday. Please reach out to your Key Account Manager for more information.
Stock Update File Specifications¶
The stock file sent from the stores have certain requirements and they are listed in the following sections.
The only allowed encodings are
UTF-8 / UTF-8-SIG and
What is encoding?
Comma Seperated Value (CSV)
The only allowed stock update file format is CSV and:
- Must use semi-colons (
;) as field separator.
- Each row must contain both the price and the stock for a given article, even if only the stock or only the price has been changed. There is no wildcard that can be used to ignore either of the fields and it is not possible to skip or provide an empty value for individual rows.
- CHAR-formatted fields need to be enclosed by double quotes in the CSV-file
10 MB size limit
Please note that the size of a single stock file MUST NOT exceed 10485760 bytes (10 MB). If the stock file is bigger, it must be split in separate CSV files. The file names should be unique, e.g. 20201202T1130-store1.csv, 20201202T1230-store2.csv
Stock update columns¶
|store||Number||501||Yes||Store identifier that represents a unique store in your network and this information will NOT be shown on Connected Retail tool.|
|ean||Number||0075678164125||Yes||EAN of the article. Unique per store in the file, otherwise such articles are dropped and not handled. We also accept Universal Product Code(UPC).|
|price||Decimal Number||131.95||Yes||Current selling price of an article, use dot . as a decimal separator, e.g: 10.54.|
|retail_price||Decimal Number||329.95||Yes||Retail price of an article (RRP) is the original price of the article before applying any discount. The retail_price is used for calculating the discount (discount = retail_price - price ) on an article during marketing campaigns. When the retail_price has the same value as price for an article, that article is not considered for marketing campaigns. Use dot . as a decimal separator, e.g: 10.54|
|quantity||Integer||3||Yes||Number of articles available at the store and this information will NOT be shown on Connected Retail tool.|
|article_number||Char(50)||888825720010340, 18751-060-234||No||Unique article number (SKU) that the client uses to identify a specific EAN / article (unique per store in the file, otherwise such articles are dropped and not handled). Highly recommended field as this helps stores to identify the article.|
|product_number||Char(50)||88882572, 18751-060||No||Unique product number that the client uses to identify a specific product. If you send both article number and product number, product number will be shown as style number on CR Tool.|
|product_name||Char(255)||Superstar Track Jacket, Converse Sneaker||No||Product name, highly recommended field as this helps stores to identify the product, if sent else Zalando's product name is used.|
|article_color||Char(255)||White||No||Article color, if sent else Zalando's article color is used.|
|article_size||Char(255)||S, 32||No||Article size, if sent else Zalando's article size is used.|
|store_article_location||Char(255)||3rd Floor, 201||No||The article location helps the store clerks to locate the article within the store.|
Sample stock file¶
store;ean;price;retail_price;quantity;product_number;product_name;article_number;article_color;article_size;store_article_location 100;5704498811166;99.95;99.95;10;"TOB21N00G";"Jeans Skinny Fit";"TOB21N00G-K11";"niceville mid";"24x30";"301" 101;4061749183108;169.95;199.95;2;"272762";"ZAIDA TURTLENECK - Strickpullover - nou...";"4060606039817";"Blue";"M";"1st floor"
Sample on Connected Retail Tool¶
The image below shows how it will appear on Connected Retail Store Tool.
Stock Update Requirements¶
- For fastest possible stock updates, separate stock files for each store are recommended.
- Client should provide hourly stock-price updates.
- Client should send both price and stock information in the same update file and send all changes (including stock out) as Fashion Connector Importer does not keep track on orders and relies on partner provided stock information as only truth.
- Fashion Connector Importer does not automatically create articles to Partner Provider - stock and price updates for them will be ignored.
- Fashion Connector Importer will always use the latest update file provided, so in case of system failures a new file will reset stocks and prices to Partner Provider.
- Fashion Connector Importer removes automatically stock which has not been received since more than 24 hours